Multiple law enforcement officers have been shot in Charlotte, North Carolina and a suspect was found dead in the residence from which bullets flew after it was cleared by a SWAT team, local police said on Monday.
CBS News, citing multiple unnamed law enforcement sources, reported that three officers had been killed and six in total shot. Police have only said that "multiple" officers were shot, but have not yet confirmed if there were any deaths.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said in a written statement that the shooting began in northeast Charlotte as officers from a U.S. Marshall's Task Force, comprised of officers from multiple agencies, were carrying out an investigation.
"Multiple law enforcement officers have been struck by the gunfire and are being transported to the hospital," the police department said on social media.
The police later said in a written statement that a SWAT team had cleared the residence where the shooting took place and that the "area is safe."






