Chemical unit strikers will resume work on Thursday at 6 a.m. (0400 GMT) at ExxonMobil's Port Jerome Gravenchon petrochemical complex in northern France, a CGT union representative said on Wednesday.
The temporary strike suspension will allow the company and unions to further negotiate plans for 677 workers who will lose their jobs next year as ExxonMobil reduces its French petrochemical operations.
An agreement in principle has been found, the union and company said.
Some 20 workers in polypropylene and polyethylene production had announced a strike over the weekend, with a limited number of shift operators on duty and no impact on supply, a company spokesperson said.
Refining operations are unaffected.
Last month, ExxonMobil Chemical France announced it would shut down the steam cracker and close chemical production at Gravenchon this year, adding that the site has lost more than 500 million euros since 2018 and remains uncompetitive.






