Indian electric wiring manufacturer YY Harness said on Monday it had not employed any underage workers at its New Delhi facility, which has reopened after it submitted evidence to support its case in a child labour investigation.
The Delhi city government on August 10 said it had removed four children from the little-known electrical wiring and component company, all aged between 14-16, Reuters reported last week, citing Delhi city and police documents.
In a statement to Reuters on Monday, YY Harness said "the allegations that under-18 children were employed or working at the factory are not borne out by the documents and records available with the company."
Delhi Police and city officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
YY Harness confirmed the inspection by Delhi authorities earlier this month and said it had submitted the available documentary evidence to officials for verification.
"The competent authorities thereafter passed appropriate orders permitting the factory to reopen, pursuant to which the sealing of the premises was formally removed," the statement said.
YY Harness said the authorities had not shared with it any medical or official age-assessment documents that established "the age of the persons allegedly found to be minors."
The company said it complied with India's stringent labour, statutory, contractual and audit requirements.






