Vietnam will continue to address U.S. concerns about the transshipment of goods in a constructive manner, Vietnam's foreign ministry said on Thursday.
The statement came after Washington said last week that it was losing annual tariff revenue of about $19 billion to $26 billion on goods, largely from China, that are transshipped through third countries, including Vietnam, to avoid U.S. import duties.
"We will continue to engage in dialogue regarding the U.S. concern in a constructive manner and consistent with the Vietnam-U.S. Comprehensive Strategic Partnership," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Pham Thu Hang told a regular press conference in Hanoi.
"This will help to sustain the stable, mutually beneficial growth of economic and trade relations between the two countries, and at the same time contribute to a transparent, wealthy investment and business environment in Vietnam," she said.






